Study Start-Finish Guide
Do you have questions on how to start a clinical research study at Penn? Or how to close a study?
The Clinical Research Study Start – Finish guide will navigate you through the life cycle of a study.
The Start – Finish guide can help you navigate clinical research resources at Penn. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Protocol development
- Applications to the IRB, other Penn Reviewing Entities, and outside groups
- Regulatory compliance requirements
- Ongoing study resources
- Study close out procedures
The Start-to-Finish documents are intended to be used in conjunction with the Penn Manual.
- The Industry Sponsored Clinical Trial Guide gives an overview of the required steps for any given Industry Sponsored Clinical Trial.
- The In-House or Federally Funded Guide outlines the main steps for conducting studies that are either in-house funded (eg: supported by Departmental , University, or gift fund) or funded by a federal entity (eg: NIH, DOD, NSF, etc.).
- The Investigational New Drug (IND) study start to finish guide gives an overview of the steps necessary to conduct at study when a University of Pennsylvania faculty member is serving as the sponsor of the research study involving a drug, biologic, etc.
- The Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) study start to finish guide provides an overview of the steps necessary to conduct a study when a University of Pennsylvania faculty member is serving as the sponsor of a research study involving a device.
While the Start-Finish Guide is under construction, contact OCR with any questions you may have about the research approval or conduct process.
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed in a supported browser. | Site Design: PMACS Web Team