Postdoc Training - Career Pathways
Focused Career Pathway Teaching Course
Focused Career Pathway in Teaching course is for postdocs interested in university teaching. Taught by a professor from the University of Pennsylvania’s Graduate School of Education, it is a eleven week course, offered every spring. The course meets for one and a half hours each week and attendants are given weekly assignments to complete.
The course is of competitive acceptance, as there are limited spaces available. An application and a mentor’s letter of support are required.
Goals of this course include:
- Systematically plan for a university course
- Develop at theory and philosophy of university teaching
- Develop evaluation instruments to assess teaching and learning in the classroom
- Gain knowledge of individual learning styles and their roles in fostering effective teaching strategies
- Examine the specific behaviors related to daily activities of college teaching
- Experiment with a range of technologies to enhance teaching
- Understand teaching in the Minority Serving Institution context
Interested individuals should contact:
PennPORT Program Coordinator
email@example.com or (215)-898-3396
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed in a supported browser. | Site Design: PMACS Web Team.